Child and Family Services strengthens families and the communities in which they live. Child & Family’s mission… “to heal and strengthen the lives of children and families” is built on the following beliefs:
- Communities thrive when supported by strong families
- Society is strengthened by ensuring that children and families attain their full potential
- Families are the foundation of a strong community and are essential to a healthy society
- Families have the right to raise children in a safe and nurturing environment
- Every person has inherent worth and dignity
These beliefs influence the services we provide in our community and have guided our growth since we first opened our doors in 1843. Today, Child & Family Services is the largest and most comprehensive social service provider in Southeastern Massachusetts and the largest provider of adoption services in Massachusetts.
Demand for our services has grown and we are expanding to meet that need. At the same time, we continue to work both internally and with community partners to find new and better ways to help people overcome problems and find strength within their family circle.